Home Office Ergonomic Guidelines
July 22, 2020
If you’re working from home during the Covid-19 lockdown, we’ve jotted down a few points that will assist you as home office ergonomic guidelines:
- Sit upright and avoid slouching.
- Relax your shoulders with your upper arms hanging on either side of your body.
- Keep your elbows at right angles, shoulders back and neck straight.
- Place your feet on a footrest or flat on the floor with your legs parallel on the ground.
- Make sure that your backrest is in an upright position so that the curvature of your back is supported.
- Your thighs should not be constricted by the front edge of your seat.
If you are not working form your desk, here is a guideline for the couch, bed or floor:
- Place your screen in line with or slightly below your eye level. If you don’t have a laptop stand, you can use books or boxes to raise the screen level.
- Avoid crossing your legs and rest your back against a wall or the sofa if your back gets sore, a rolled-up towel will help at the arch of your back.
- Make sure that the surface you’re sitting on is comfortable. Use a thin pillow or blanket if necessary.
- Get up and walk around for 2-3 minutes every 30 minutes to avoid discomfort on your joints.