5 Decor Ideas For Your Next Design Project
Sometimes, all you need is a refreshing new take on the look of a space in your home. Whether you are redesigning a living room, dining room, bedroom or kitchen area, there is luckily plenty of inspiration from the unique brands that we represent to assist you along the way. Here are our 5 steps of home decor ideas to assist you in redesigning the perfect space.
GET FAMILIAR WITH YOUR OWN STYLE
- The questions you should be asking yourself are, which style suits you best? To name a few, there are classic, modern, industrial, art deco and rustic. When you have a certain style in mind, the colour palette, textures and type of furniture and lighting will be a lot clearer.
CHOOSE YOUR COLOUR PALETTE WISELY
- The first step is choosing the colours of your walls and floors, once they’re chosen, your upholstery for lounge chairs and sofas will be next and then you can move on to the lighting and accessories after that. A little tip, lighter colours work best in a smaller room to make it look bigger and vice versa with darker rooms to give off a cosier feel.
INCORPORATE TEXTURE INTO YOUR SPACE
- It will bring warmth and life into your interior. When experimenting with textures, try to mix a variety together to portray a more eclectic look to make it more visually interesting. Adding rugs, sculptures, wall tufted deco, furniture and curtains will add texture to your room. The more texture interiors have, the more interesting and inviting they appear to be.
- Adding natural materials such as genuine stone and wood to your interiors will bring a warm and cosy feel. Natural elements are important additions to one’s home. Incorporating water, fire, plants and sunlight into a space creates a sense of calmness and tranquillity.
EXPRESS YOURSELF THROUGH DESIGN
- “You are what you eat” also applies in your home where you live and sleep. Bring a part of you into your design, whether it be a family portrait, a custom artwork that you adore or a sentimental piece from your travels. Including that personal touch will make your house feel like a home and feel more alive.